Nokia 7.2 Android 10 Firmware soon, Mysterious New Update! [Download inside]
HMD (which acquired Nokia several years ago) missed the opportunity to announce the versions of Nokia 6.2 and Nokia 7.2 with Android Pie instead of Android 10 inexplicably! The Finnish company launched the latest update for the Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 7 Plus versions, however the 6.2 and 7.2 phones did not get the new system yet, but it is soon to come. Even the company launched a few days ago a new update which we imagined to be Android 10, but it was only January 2020 security patch!
So, at the time, we made sure that the update of Android 10 for Nokia 7.2 will be delayed, which is unusual for Nokia devices. January 2020 security patch came next to the previous version V1.39. Several hours ago, Nokia 7.2 users in many regions received a new update which was probably a full system update and the reason here is the huge update size which came to about 1.5GB.
Nokia 7.2 | A huge new update (not Android 10)
This Update for Nokia 7.2 came with the version number V1.400, and it came specifically with a size of 1,517MB which is the unusual size for a natural OTA update even if it is with one of the custom Android interfaces, not to mention that Nokia 7.2 comes with Android One. So it is likely that it is the update of the new system and even if Nokia did not specify that in the new notification, or perhaps it is already the next system update but it was launched by mistake, who knows!
The new update is still with companions for the January 2020 security patch and is the latest from Google. As for the change log, some improvements were mentioned in the stability of the system, as well as adding some customizations, effects and new virtual things in the user interface. Yes, that’s all you’ll get with an update of this size, or at least that’s what was written while downloading the new update.
But the question comes, why is an update so large released with little OS changes? Only HMD can answer this question. But nevertheless, personally I think the company is only preparing to launch the latest Android 10 firmware. Yes, I also know that this belief didn’t explain the compression size just for a 1.5GB update!
As you can see with the previous screen shot, a user of Nokia 6.2 has also indicated that he received a new update similar to that of Nokia 7.2, so it is also likely that the Android 10 for Nokia 6.2 is coming soon. Of course, you should know that we are thinking only loudly here and all are only guesses, and there is nothing officially confirmed, but we will nonetheless closely monitor the situation, until anything new appears.
Download the new update for Nokia 7.2
If you happen to be a Nokia 7.2 user and the new system update still doesn’t get you yet, then download it from the following link, and then later you can install it manually from the recovery options:
|System version||Android 9|
|Security patch||January 1, 2020|
|Release Date||Wednesday 22 January 2020|
You can download the update from the following link:
Steps to install an official Nokia phone update
There are two ways to install Android updates on Nokia phones, the first by manually searching for the update and then downloading it through the phone settings, while the second is by downloading the update file itself from an external link, then installing it manually on the phone.
The first way
- Ensure that an internet connection is available on your phone.
- Open your phone settings.
- From the settings, go to: Additional Settings > System Update .
- You will see a new update available for download, and if not, search it manually.
- Now click on download and install the update.
- The update will start to download, and when it is finished, you will be prompted to restart.
- Click Restart. This will install the system update on your Nokia phone.
- Wait for the installation to finish, then restart the phone.
The second way
- Download the Update OTA ZIP file (In the event that it was available).
- Move the zip file to the main path of the phone storage (Outside all folders).
- Restart the phone to stock recovery mode by the following method:
- Turn off the phone completely
- Long press the volume up + Power buttons for a few seconds until the phone vibrates
- Once the phrase ‘No Command‘ appears, press and hold Power button, then press the Volume Up button once to enter recovery mode.
- Using the volume control buttons, highlight ‘Apply update from SD card‘ option, then the Power button to select it.
- Now using the volume control buttons again highlight zip file and select it with the Power button.
- Finally, press the Power button to confirm the installation of the new system update.
- Once the update process is complete, select ‘Reboot system now‘ to restart the phone inside the new system.