Xiaomi is making an effort to try to push MIUI 12 update for all of its smart devices while we talk. And if you do not know, there are already a good number of Xiaomi or Redmi phones that have already received the latest system update, and recent reports indicated that the Chinese company has already started sending the update to the second and final batch. Today, Xiaomi has added an additional phone to its list of devices that got MIUI 12, which is the Redmi S2 (the same is Redmi Y2 but in the Chinese market).
Redmi S2 (MIUI 12 update)
Xiaomi announced Redmi S2 more than two years ago in May 2018, and it came with Android 8.1 out of the box. Since that time, the phone has only received one major system update, which is Android Pie, which came alongside Xiaomi’s custom MIUI 11 interface.
Redmi S2 was on the list of the official company that is expected to receive the MIUI 12 update officially within the third installment in the second group. And it was, Xiaomi believed in its promise and today started launching the new official update for all Redmi S2 users around the world.
It’s new update, but still with Android 9
MIUI 12 update for Redmi S2 is still on the side of Android Pie and not Android 10 as you’d expect, which is a regular thing from Xiaomi and even most other companies at the moment for mid-range devices that usually receive one major OS update. The new update
has only been sent to China versions users so far The update has been sent to global versions, And it came with the version number V184.108.40.206.PEFMIXM. And for those people who received a notification of OTA update, then the size of the update is 837MB.
Download MIUI 12 update for Redmi S2
|Device||Redmi S2 – ysl_global|
|OS version||Android 9|
|Security correction||September 1, 2020|
|Release Date||Wednesday 30 September 2020|
So, do you still want to try the new update before it officially arrives in your region? Then download the official update file from the attached link below, then follow the installation steps carefully.
- The attached system download links are only available for Redmi S2 global units. So, never try to install it on other devices.
- Follow the steps carefully, otherwise you will end up with a phone not working at all, we are not responsible for any damages.
- Although it is an official update, it might be wiping the phone. So, backup your files.
- You must ensure that the battery percentage is at least 50 or 60% to avoid accidental shutdown during installation.
Installing MIUI 12 Steps
You can go to the explanation of installing Stock ROM on Xiaomi device, and there you will find carefully detailed steps for several different ways to install the new system, or you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the update file from the link attached above, then transfer the official update file to the internal phone memory as mentioned above.
- Head to Settings > About phone > System updates. Now by pressing the three points above list select “choose the update package“.
- In case you don’t see this option, simply click on the MIUI logo for 10 consecutive clicks, then the option will appear.
- Or, you can skip the last step just by launching the Updater application, which you will find within the system applications of your phone.
- From here, go to the update file that you moved to the internal memory in the first step, then the system will directly (Decrypt) the update file and then install it automatically.