Nokia has launched Android 10 firmware update for the Nokia 6.1 Plus. Indeed, the Finnish giant is currently struggling to be able to update its smartphones to latest system. According to the map of the official update dates by the company, the latest Android 10 update for the Nokia 6.1 Plus was supposed to arrive in the first quarter of 2020, and the company has kept its promise to its users and the update has already been released. 6.1 Plus from Nokia that we saw it for the first time in 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo. Below you can see full information about the new system, as well as how to get it and install it.
Nokia 6.1 Plus Android 10 update
After the Finnish company succeeded in issuing Android 10 firmware for Nokia 7.1 Plus, the update has now arrived for Nokia 6.1 Plus users, which was one of the best and best-selling phones in 2018. There are some users in the Twitter that have already indicated that they have received the new update on their phones . Currently, we’re talking about an OTA update that arrives for some users starting in India, and is supposed to be released to other countries around the world in the next few days. The update, of course, came with the long-awaited night mode of many that will help you save battery.
As for talking about the new system, once it is downloaded and installed, you will get smart reply, new navigation features by dragging and gestures, improving privacy and security and controlling the location permissions requested by apps, Family Link feature, along with the features Android 10 other in addition to the usual security patch of December 2019. official update size is 1.3GB and with version number V4.10C. Here’s the full change log in the Android 10 update for Nokia 6.1 Plus.
Android 10 on Nokia 6.1 Plus | what’s new
- Dark Mode
- Added night mode on all sides of the system, eye comfort and easier handling, especially in low light.
- Smart Reply
- Enjoy smart automatic responses to all of your new notifications and messages from any app.
- Gesture navigation
- Handle the entire phone with no navigation buttons, just swipe all the way to reach
- Lots of privacy, security, and control updates
- Security patching from Google was updated to December 2019
Download Android 10 update for Nokia 6.1 Plus
|Device||Nokia 6.1 Plus|
|Security patch||December 1, 2019|
|System version||Android 10.0|
|Size of the update||1.3GB|
|Release Date||Tuesday, January 7, 2020|
Stable Android 10 firmware for Nokia 6.1 Plus is now available in several regions around the world, and soon it will be available to all users. The update as we mentioned comes with December 2019 security update while many other companies have already launched the January 2020 security update.
How to install the Android 10 update on Nokia device
There are two ways to install Android updates on Nokia devices, first on them by manually searching for the update and then downloading it through system settings, while the second is by downloading the update ZIP file itself from an external link, then installing it manually.
The first way
- Ensure that an internet connection is available on your phone.
- Open your phone settings.
- From the settings, go to: Additional Settings > System Update .
- You will see the Android 10 update and if it does not appear, check it manually.
- Now click on download and install the update.
- The update will start to download, and when it is finished, you will be prompted to restart.
- Click Restart, this will install the Android 10 update on your Nokia phone.
- Wait for the install to finish, and enjoy Android 10 on your phone.
The second way
- Download the Nokia Android 10 OTA file (if it’s available).
- Move the zip file to the main path of your phone storage (Outside all folders).
- boot your phone into stock recovery mode by the following method:
- Turn it off completely.
- Long press the volume up + Power buttons for a few seconds until the phone vibrates
- Once the phrase ‘No Command‘ appears, long press the Power button and then press the Volume Up button once to enter recovery mode.
- By using volume control buttons, highlight ‘Apply update from SD card‘ option, then with Power button to select it.
- Now using the volume control buttons again highlight ZIP file and select it with the Power button.
- Finally, press the Power button to confirm installing Android 10 update on you Nokia device.
- Once the update process is complete, select ‘Reboot system now‘ to restart the phone inside the new OS.