Redmi Note 9S phone users have been waiting for the official MIUI 12 update for a long time, and now the phone has finally got the official update for global versions and you can download and install it on your phone yourself. And while the Redmi Note 9 Pro has already been updated to MIUI 12 since last August, users of Redmi Note 9S have been still waiting for the new interface to arrive for their devices since that time. Since the official update has been launched starting today, now you can download MIUI 12 for your Redmi Note 9S and learn the steps to manually install it on your phone by following some simple instructions.
Redmi Note 9S: MIUI 12 update
Now, the wait is finally over because global units of Redmi Note 9S have got the MIUI 12 update starting today. The new update comes with version number V220.127.116.11.QJWMIXM and it sent to users while we talk over the air (OTA). So if you want to download and install the new update on your phone without having to wait for any additional time, now you can do that.
MIUI 12 features for Redmi Note 9S
If you are wondering what you will get after installing the latest OS, MIUI 12 update is characterized by then containing some new animation effects, the new iPhone-like control center, a new user interface, a lot of additional customization options, you will also get the new MIUI 12 wallpapers of course Especially the Super Wallpapers that everyone has been waiting for.
You will also notice that the new update comes alongside the August 2020 security patch, yes it is not the latest so far, but it is certainly newer than the one currently on the phone.
Download MIUI 12 update for Redmi Note 9S
You can download the official MIUI 12 ROM to your phone by manually checking for a new update by going to Settings> About phone> System updates. On the other hand, you can download the stable ROM now and install it on the phone from the following link.
|Device||Redmi Note 9S|
|OS version||Android 10|
|Security Patch||August 1, 2020|
You can download the update from the following link:
- The attached system download links are only available for Redmi Note 9S devices. So, never try to install it on other devices.
- Follow the steps carefully, otherwise you will end up with a phone not working at all, we are not responsible for any damages.
- Although it is an official update, it might be wiping the phone. So, backup your files.
- You must ensure that the battery percentage is at least 50 or 60% to avoid accidental shutdown during installation.
Installing MIUI 12 Steps
You can go to the explanation of installing Stock ROM on Xiaomi device, and there you will find carefully detailed steps for several different ways to install the new system, or you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the update file from the link attached above, then transfer the official update file to the internal phone memory as mentioned above.
- Head to Settings > About phone > System updates. Now by pressing the three points above list select “choose the update package“.
- In case you don’t see this option, simply click on the MIUI logo for 10 consecutive clicks, then the option will appear.
- Or, you can skip the last step just by launching the Updater application, which you will find within the system applications of your phone.
- From here, go to the update file that you moved to the internal memory in the first step, then the system will directly (Decrypt) the update file and then install it automatically.