Redmi Note 9 Pro users from have been waiting for a long time to get the MIUI 12 update for global versions. Given that the phone was launched last May of this year, many users, including myself, we expected the Chinese company to send the MIUI 12 update to the Redmi Note 9 Pro within the initial list, but it is clear that this did not happen. But in any case, the wait has finally over, and now you can download MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 9 Pro and install it yourself on the phone by the steps shown below.
Redmi Note 9 Pro: MIUI 12 update
The surprising thing is, there are a lot of “older” Xiaomi phones who have got MIUI 12 a while ago, such as Redmi Note 8 , Redmi Note 8 Pro , and even Redmi Note 8T in all countries for international units, while the latest company’s phones did not get it. Except for some of its outdated versions, the Redmi Note 9S is like it, and of course the Pro version we’re talking about today.
Of course, it is usual that Xiaomi first launches MIUI updates for its products in China first, and then sends the update to global versions. But this matter is different now because the Redmi Note 9 Pro is “not” located in China, so it seems that this is the real reason for the update delay so far, of course this is just speculation. While the stander Redmi Note 9 got the MIUI 12 update last August, the Note 9S or Note 9 Pro versions only got it starting from yesterday and today, in order.
MIUI 12 update for Redmi Note 9 Pro was launched first for global releases in Turkey with version number V18.104.22.168.QJZTRXM and it came in size of approximately 2.28GB, and the Chinese company is supposed to start sending the same update to the rest of the countries in the next few days.
Download MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 9 Pro
Like most other official Xiaomi updates, or often most other Android device manufacturers, official system updates are usually released in batches, not for all users in all countries at same tome. So, if you are reading this article on the day it was written and have not yet received a notification of a new update yet, then you will need to wait a few hours or several days at most for the MIUI 12 update to come over the air (OTA).
But nevertheless, if you do not want to wait for a longer time and want to try the new features of MIUI 12 on your phone now, then I am pleased to inform you that MIUI 12 download link for Redmi Note 9 Pro has become officially available below, which means that you can now download and install it yourself manually on the phone using the steps listed below.
|Devic3||Redmi Note 9 Pro|
|OS version||Android 10|
|Security Patch||September 1, 2020|
You can download the update from the following link:
- The attached system download links are only available for Redmi Note 9 Pro devices. So, never try to install it on other devices.
- Follow the steps carefully, otherwise you will end up with a phone not working at all, we are not responsible for any damages.
- Although it is an official update, it might be wiping the phone. So, backup your files.
- You must ensure that the battery percentage is at least 50 or 60% to avoid accidental shutdown during installation.
Installing MIUI 12 Steps
You can go to the explanation of installing Stock ROM on Xiaomi device, and there you will find carefully detailed steps for several different ways to install the new system, or you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the update file from the link attached above, then transfer the official update file to the internal phone memory as mentioned above.
- Head to Settings > About phone > System updates. Now by pressing the three points above list select “choose the update package“.
- In case you don’t see this option, simply click on the MIUI logo for 10 consecutive clicks, then the option will appear.
- Or, you can skip the last step just by launching the Updater application, which you will find within the system applications of your phone.
- From here, go to the update file that you moved to the internal memory in the first step, then the system will directly (Decrypt) the update file and then install it automatically.