After its last official update was next to the MIUI 11 last November 2019, and after a lot of news and reports here and there, Redmi Note 8T began to receive Android 10 update next to the MIUI 12 UI, which is the latest so far from Xiaomi. And the fact that the update has only been launched starting today, of course you should expect that it will not reach all users around the world at the same time.
Therefore, the Chinese company has sent the new system to users in Russia and Europe, and soon it will reach the rest of the users in other countries. But the good thing is that you do not have to wait that long, because the new system is now available for download. So, now you can install the Android 10 update for Redmi Note 8T yourself.
Redmi Note 8T: Android 10 & MIUI 12
Android 10 update for Redmi Note 8T phone came alongside the latest MIUI 12 with version number V188.8.131.52.QCXMIXM and it came with an approximate size of 2.1GB. We are talking about a stable global version, but despite that, it has not reached all users around the world yet. Although there are some users on social media platforms who have indicated that they have received a notification of a new update, Xiaomi has not officially confirmed the arrival of the new system to all people yet.
MIUI 12 update for Redmi Note 8T came with the latest security patch so far for the current month of October 2020, but if you are wondering about new features, it includes new effects during the transition between apps and system functions, the control center feature borrowed from the iOS, many options Additional customization, MIUI 12 wallpapers of course and especially new live wallpapers. Of course, you should also know that the latter system also includes all the basic features of Android 10 OS.
Download MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 8T
So, the official Android 10 update for Redmi Note 8T should reach all users around the world in the next few days, because we are talking about a stable update for the global version. but you don’t have to wait for the new update until it arrives because it has become officially available, so you can Download it now and install it manually on your phone yourself by following some of the steps mentioned below the download link.
|Device||Redmi Note 8T – WILLOW|
|OS version||Android 10|
|Security correction||October 1, 2020|
|Release Date||Friday 23 October 2020|
You can download the update from the following link:
- The attached system download links are only available for Redmi Note 8T devices. So, never try to install it on other devices.
- Follow the steps carefully, otherwise you will end up with a phone not working at all, we are not responsible for any damages.
- Although it is an official update, it might be wiping the phone. So, backup your files.
- You must ensure that the battery percentage is at least 50 or 60% to avoid accidental shutdown during installation.
Installing MIUI 12 Steps
You can go to the explanation of installing Stock ROM on Xiaomi device, and there you will find carefully detailed steps for several different ways to install the new system, or you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the update file from the link attached above, then transfer the official update file to the internal phone memory as mentioned above.
- Head to Settings > About phone > System updates. Now by pressing the three points above list select “choose the update package“.
- In case you don’t see this option, simply click on the MIUI logo for 10 consecutive clicks, then the option will appear.
- Or, you can skip the last step just by launching the Updater application, which you will find within the system applications of your phone.
- From here, go to the update file that you moved to the internal memory in the first step, then the system will directly (Decrypt) the update file and then install it automatically.