The Chinese company Xiaomi recently launched the official MIUI 12 stable update for the Redmi Note 9 Pro, while the Redmi Note 9S got the stable version last October 2020. So, the wait now and also the questions have moved from MIUI 12 to the next version of the operating system, Android 11, which was expected to arrive on the Redmi Note 9S (which is the same as Redmi Note 9 Pro in India) in early 2021. But it seems that Xiaomi has silently sent the Android 11 OS to the Redmi Note 9 Pro (Indian version), and now we have the download link, as well as the installation explanation if it happens that you want to try.
Redmi Note 9 Pro: Android 11 update
According to several new reports, the Indian version of the Redmi Note 9 Pro, which is completely different from the global version, if you are wondering, has already received the latest Android 11 update as it appears. There are some users who have indicated that they got the Android 11 update yesterday on their devices and the source of this news is the MIUI group on Telegram and you can see them here: (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).
So, if you happen to want to experiment, and you want to download the official update and install it yourself on your phone (in the event that it supports it), then get the official ROM using the attached download link below.
The latest official update for the Redmi Note 9 Pro or 9s came with version number V220.127.116.11.RJWINXM and it also came with a size of 2.27 GB and it is only available “officially” for phone users in India who have registered in the Mi Pilot program for trial versions. This means that ordinary users will need to wait for some additional time until they can get the new Android 11 update for the phone.
|Device||Redmi Note 9 Pro – curtana|
|OS version||Android 11|
|Security correction||November 1, 2020|
|Release Date||Wednesday 18 November 2020|
You can download the update from the following link:
While this update is only intended for Redmi Note 9 Pro users in India, the global version of it, which comes under the name Redmi Note 9S, is expected to get the latest update in turn in the next few days. Despite that, these were just speculation because Xiaomi did not officially mention anything about the new system update, whether for the Redmi Note 9 Pro, or even the Redmi Note 9S, but it is good to see the company is interested in its mid-range versions before others.
So, below we will closely follow the Android 11 update process for Xiaomi phones, and we will add any new information as soon as it becomes available. If you want to install the new update, then go to the next steps.
- The attached system download links are only available for Redmi Note 9 Pro devices. So, never try to install it on other devices.
- Follow the steps carefully, otherwise you will end up with a phone not working at all, we are not responsible for any damages.
- Although it is an official update, it might be wiping the phone. So, backup your files.
- You must ensure that the battery percentage is at least 50 or 60% to avoid accidental shutdown during installation.
Installing Android 11 Steps
You can go to the explanation of installing Stock ROM on Xiaomi device, and there you will find carefully detailed steps for several different ways to install the new system, or you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the update file from the link attached above, then transfer the official update file to the internal phone memory as mentioned above.
- Head to Settings > About phone > System updates. Now by pressing the three points above list select “choose the update package“.
- In case you don’t see this option, simply click on the MIUI logo for 10 consecutive clicks, then the option will appear.
- Or, you can skip the last step just by launching the Updater application, which you will find within the system applications of your phone.
- From here, go to the update file that you moved to the internal memory in the first step, then the system will directly (Decrypt) the update file and then install it automatically.