Xiaomi launched MIUI 12 beta update for some of its smartphones last June, and the Redmi Note 7 was one of those phones that had the opportunity to try out the beta before its launch. But despite that, this beta version was only available for phone users in China, i.e. it was an official beta update yes but nevertheless it lacked the presence of Google services as we are used with the Chinese MIUI ROMs, of course companies are interested in launching these updates in their home country first, Then they look at the global versions of it. And now, you can download the MIUI 12 update for Redmi Note 7 and install it yourself via a few detailed steps below.
Redmi Note 7 (MIUI 12 update)
Also last June, the Chinese company made the Mi Pilot software for MIUI beta available for joining by users who like to try company updates ahead of others, but nonetheless until recently those users who joined also did not get the latest MIUI 12 update. About a month later, the new update with its stable version is finally available for phone users as we expected.
Days ago, users of the global versions of the Redmi Note 7 received the official Android 10 update, and despite that, the unexpected update came with the MIUI 11, not 12. However, now, it seems that Xiaomi has finally decided to launch the official version of the latest interface update for the global versions, And it is already available for download and manual installation.
Download MIUI 12 update for Redmi Note 7
The latest official update for the Redmi Note 7 came with version number V126.96.36.199QFGINXM and it also came in size of 1.97GB and it is also only available “officially” to phone users in India who have registered in the Mi Pilot program for beta versions. Which means that regular users will need to wait a little extra time so they can get the new MIUI 12.
|Device||Redmi Note 7 – lavender|
|UI version||V188.8.131.52 QFGINXM|
|OS version||Android 10|
|Security patch||July 1, 2020|
|Release Date||Sunday 2 August 2020|
You can download the update from the following link:
Install MIUI 12 update (from within settings)
You can go to the explanation of installing an official system on Xiaomi device and there you will find detailed steps accurately on several different ways to install the new system, or you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the update file from the link provided above, then transfer the official update file to the internal phone memory as mentioned above.
- Head over to Settings > About phone > System updates. Now by pressing the three points above list select the phrase “choose the update package.
- In case you did not see this option, simply click on the MIUI logo for 10 consecutive clicks, then after that the option will appear.
- Or, you can just skip the last step by launching the Updater app which you will find within the system applications on your phone.
- From here, go to the update file that you moved to the internal memory in the first step, then the system will directly (Decrypt) the update file and install it automatically.