Install Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite MIUI 12 Firmware Update [China Stable, Download inside]
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite has been waiting for the stable MIUI 12 interface update to arrive since the Chinese company announced its beta versions several months ago in China. A few days ago, the company launched the stable update for the Mi 8 in China as well, so it was only a matter of time or a few days for the company to push the new update also for the Mi 8 Lite. Then after that in the early hours of the today, Xiaomi has already launched the stable MIUI 12 update for Mi 8 Lite, and now you can download the update and learn how to install it from below.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite (MIUI 12 update)
And after the phone got Android 10 update few months ago, it seems that we did not need to wait long after the company upgraded the older brother of the phone, and this is because the Mi 8 Lite has started to receive MIUI 12 today in China, and very soon it will be launched globally for all users around the world. The long-awaited update has brought a lot of new features as well as many improvements and bug fixes that were found in the previous MIUI 11 version.
Mi 8 users in China should get the new OTA update, knowing that the update came with the version number V18.104.22.168.QDTCNXM, which has arrived with a new notification for users whose devices are running MIUI 11 V22.214.171.124.QDTCNXM which is the latest official release for the phone.
Mi 8 Lite was among the first batch to receive support for the MIUI 12 beta update experience via Mi Pilot in China. So, after the successful trial period has expired, Mi 8 Lite users in China can finally download and install MIUI 12 on their device even if it haven’t yet arrived. The official change log that comes with the new update contains a lot of new features, and you can find out if you decide to download and install the update on your phone.
- Download links are only available for Mi 8 Lite devices. So, never try to install it on other devices.
- Carefully follow the steps, otherwise you will end up with a phone that does not work at all, we are not responsible for any damages.
- Although it is an official update, it may delete your phone’s data. So, back up your files .
- You must ensure that battery percentage is at least 50 or 60% to avoid accidental shutdown during installation.
Download MIUI 12 update for Mi 8 Lite
You can download the official MIUI 12 ROM for your phone by manually checking for a new update by going to Settings> About phone> System updates . On the other hand, you can download stable ROM now and install it on the phone.
But even so, if your phone is a global version you can still install this Chinese version and try MIUI 12 before everyone else, but there are some things that you should know first. Android phones destined for the Chinese market do not have the official Google services from the fund, so you will notice that Any official update directed to the Chinese user will be without official Google appsAlso. Yes, there is a way to install the PlayStore app on Chinese MIUI ROM, but it was something you should have known first.
|Device||Mi 8 Lite – platina|
|OS version||Android 10|
|Security patch||July 1, 2020|
|Release Date||Monday 3 August 2020|
You can download the update from the following link:
Install MIUI 12 update (from within settings)
You can go to the explanation of installing stock ROM on a Xiaomi devices there you will find detailed steps accurately on several different ways to install the new update, or you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the update file from the link provided above, then transfer the official update file to the internal phone memory as mentioned above.
- Head over to the Settings app > About phone > System updates. Now by pressing the three points above list select the phrase “choose the update package“.
- In case you did not see this option, simply click on the MIUI logo for 10 consecutive clicks, then after that the option will appear.
- Or, you can just skip the last step by launching the Updater app which you will find within the system applications on your phone.
- From here, go to the update file that you moved to the internal memory in the first step, then the system will directly (Decrypt) the update file and install it automatically.