Install Poco X2 MIUI 12 Firmware Update [India Stable, Installing Guide]
The long waited Poco X2 users to get official MIUI 12 update has finally ended, and now you can download the latest MIUI 12 and install it for the Poco X2 yourself by executing some simple instructions, which we will talk about in detail below. The new update has arrived for phone users while typing these words with the MIUI version number 188.8.131.52.QGHINXM and it also came with the latest MIUI features, fixing a lot of previous versions bugs, as well as improving the user experience on the phone in general.
Poco X2 (MIUI 12 update)
We already knew that Xiaomi is about to launch the MIUI 12 stable update for the Poco X2 for a long time, in certain countries such as the Middle East and India. At that time, some reports and leaks appeared that indicated that the phone will be updated directly to MIUI 12 without first being able to try the new system through Mi Pilot program for MIUI beta versions, unlike the Poco F1, which works with the latest beta version at the present time.
The new MIUI 12 update is now available to a limited number of users only, it has been officially launched by Xiaomi in a final and stable version, as shown in the following screen shot by a Poco X2 user.
It is noteworthy that Xiaomi has officially announced yesterday that it intends to launch a new version of the MIUI interface, with which it is intended to get rid of all pre-installed Chinese applications, and it will soon start launching it for the Indian versions of its devices exclusively, this news was related to some phones such as Poco M2 Pro, And the same will likely apply to other Poco releases like the Poco X2 as well as the Poco F1 once these new versions are finished.
Despite that, until now we cannot confirm if the MIUI 12 update for Poco X2 that we are talking about today is the same as this new version that comes without Chinese applications built with it or not, so please if you try to download and install this update by the instructions listed below, So, we shared what is new in this version compared to the previous one.
Download MIUI 12 update for Poco X2
Since we are talking about a new official update over the air, the usual here is that it takes a long time sometimes until it reaches all Poco X2 users around the world. However, you do not have to wait so long to try the latest MIUI 12 update, and you can download it directly via the download link attached below and then install it manually yourself.
You can download the official MIUI 12 ROM to your phone by manually checking for a new update by going to Settings> About phone> System updates. On the other hand, you can download the stable ROM now and install it on the phone.
|Device||Poco X2 – phoenixin|
|Update size||2.34 GB|
|Security correction||July 1, 2020|
|Release Date||Saturday 8 August 2020|
You can download the update from the following link:
- The attached system download links below are only available for Poco X2 devices. So, never try to install it on other devices.
- Follow the steps carefully, otherwise you will end up with a phone not working at all, we are not responsible for any damages.
- Although it is an official update, it might just wipe the phone. So, back up your files.
- You must ensure that the battery percentage is at least 50 or 60% to avoid accidental shutdown during installation.
Install MIUI 12 update (from within settings)
You can go to the explanation of installing stock ROM on Xiaomi devices there you will find detailed steps accurately on several different ways to install the new update, or you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the update file from the link provided above, then transfer the official update file to the internal phone memory as mentioned above.
- Head over to the Settings app > About phone > System updates. Now by pressing the three points above list select the phrase “choose the update package“.
- In case you did not see this option, simply click on the MIUI logo for 10 consecutive clicks, then after that the option will appear.
- Or, you can just skip the last step by launching the Updater app which you will find within the system applications on your phone.
- From here, go to the update file that you moved to the internal memory in the first step, then the system will directly (Decrypt) the update file and install it automatically.