Install Redmi Note 9 MIUI 12 Firmware Update [Global Stable, Guide]
The global version of the Redmi Note 9 received MIUI 12 update along with the Android 10 operating system in late July. However, for some inexplicable reason, Xiaomi pulled the update again and stopped its access to users. So, until recently, phone users around the world were still waiting for the latest system update as well as the new MIUI interface to be launched again.
Fortunately, users of the global version of Redmi Note 9 will not need to wait for a long time since Xiaomi has officially announced that it has “relaunched” the MIUI 12 update for Redmi Note 9 again. The new update has version number V22.214.171.124.QJOMIXM and it is being launched to users while we are talking over the air.
A while ago, Xiaomi announced the latest releases of the Redmi Note 9 series in the market, which consisted of 4 new devices. Redmi Note 9S and Redmi Note 9 Pro were the same in most features and internal gear, while Redmi Note 9 came out completely different. It was not long before the company announced the same phone in China, but with the name Redmi 10X 4G, which came with the same design and you could not differentiate between them until after you saw the operating system in both of them.
Redmi Note 9 (MIUI 12 update)
OTA update is supposed to reach users of the phone with a size of approximately 507MB, so as soon as the new update notification appears, you must make sure that you have connected the phone to a stable internet. This information is also important for users of the same global version of it, Redmi Note 9, because official Xiaomi updates are usually launched for global releases within days or for a period of up to a week at the latest, for example.
Download MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 9
As for those who do not want to wait for the arrival of the official update for their devices, then we have a link to download the new official update from the bottom. You can download the official system below and install it yourself on the phone by following the instructions mentioned for installation afterwards.
|Device||Redmi Note 9 – merlin|
|Security correction||July 1, 2020|
|Release Date||Thursday 13 August 2020|
You can download the update from the following link:
- The attached system download links below are only available for Redmi Note 9 devices. So, never try to install it on other devices.
- Follow the steps carefully, otherwise you will end up with a phone not working at all, we are not responsible for any damages.
- Although it is an official update, it might just wipe the phone. So, back up your files.
- You must ensure that the battery percentage is at least 50 or 60% to avoid accidental shutdown during installation.
Install MIUI 12 update (from settings)
You can go to the explanation of installing stock ROM on Xiaomi device there you will find detailed steps accurately on several different ways to install the new update, or you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the update file from the link provided above, then transfer the official update file to the internal phone memory as mentioned above.
- Head over to the Settings app > About phone > System updates. Now by pressing the three points above list select the phrase “choose the update package“.
- In case you did not see this option, simply click on the MIUI logo for 10 consecutive clicks, then after that the option will appear.
- Or, you can just skip the last step by launching the Updater app which you will find within the system applications on your phone.
- From here, go to the update file that you moved to the internal memory in the first step, then the system will directly (Decrypt) the update file and install it automatically.