Samsung started a few days ago to launch the Android 10 update that comes next to the all-new One UI 2.0 release by the Korean company, and after the arrival of Galaxy S10/10+/10e as well as Galaxy Note 10, it is now available for the Galaxy Note 9. One UI 2.0 update for Galaxy phones comes with a lot of new things such as improving one-handed mode, digital Wellbeing update as well as Device Care and new options for audio control and many other additions along with the latest security patch of course.
Galaxy Note 9 Android 10.0 update
As we mentioned earlier, Samsung has already launched the One UI 2.0 update alongside Android 10 for latest flagship of 2019. Now, Samsung is beginning to look at the oldest arrangement of its phones, the Galaxy Note 9, and soon after that, the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus releases. So, Android 10 update for Samsung Note 9 at the moment has already reached users in some regions around the world including Korea, and UK.
One UI 2.0 features with Galaxy Note 9
As for talking about the new things with the recent Samsung version of the Galaxy Note 9, the Android 10 system comes with some impressive features such as the gesture and drag mode in the full screen and not the bottom only, improving the use of the phone with one hand to facilitate dealing with large screens, adding some items And apps for Digital Wellbeing feature to control how heavily you use the phone, additional audio control buttons, improve and update privacy and security.
Download Android 10 update for Samsung Note 9
|UI version||One UI 2.0|
|Android version||Android 10|
|Security patch||December 1, 2019|
|Release Date||Sunday 12 January 2020|
You can download the full Android 10 update ( directed to Saudi Arabia ) from the following links:
To learn how to install the full Android 10 update, go to the steps for installing an official ROM by Odin below.
Next, there are some tools that you will need during the trip to install stock firmware, and here is a list of them:
- Download official firmware file for your phone with .Tar extension.
- Download latest version of Odin v3.13.3 (Google Drive Link) or custom version (AndroidFileHost Link).
- Download the latest USB driver for Samsung devices | AndroidFileHost Link
- Enable Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock options in Developer Options:
Steps to install Stock Firmware on Samsung phone
- Turn off the phone completely.
- Now restart into Download Mode or Odin Mode.
- Long press Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- Once the Samsung logo appears, you will see a warning message on the screen.
- Now release all buttons, then press Volume Up.
- You are now in Download Mode.
- Download the Odin Tool from above, then extract the contents of the zip file to your computer.
- You can also use Comsy’s Odin if the stable version does not work for some reason.
- Now double click on odin.exe file to start Odin startup.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 9 to the computer with using USB cable. Now you should notice the Added!! Inside the Odin Tool.
- Now assuming you have downloaded the appropriate official firmware for your phone with the TAR extension, extract its contents to your computer which will often be with the extension tar.md5.
- At this point, you will need to add each file of them in their correct place within the Odin. In the event that it is a single file, then you will need to add it in only one place which is the [AP] field. Otherwise, add each file in its own field and you will get to know each of them through the first two letters in the file name. For example:
- Click on the BL button in Odin, then go to the location of official firmware files and choose the file that begins with the letters “_BL” in its name. And then in the same way, press the AP button and then choose the file that begins with the letters “_AP” to add it.
- Only select the HOME_CSC file if you want to create a full format, So instead choose a CSC file.
Now under Options section options (left part of Odin tool), make sure that only the enabled options are Auto Reboot and also F. Reset Time.
- Finally, press the Start button to begin installing the official update.
- Once installed, you will notice the phrase “PASS!” Or RESET! Written above, your phone will automatically restart itself.
And here we done! This was the full explanation of how to update the Galaxy Note 9 to the latest Android 10 OS with all-new Samsung UI 2.0. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments.