How to flash TWRP recovery on a Samsung Galaxy phone. If you don’t know, Odin tool is the tool for flashing Samsung official ROMs, whether old or new, as well as flashing various files with tar or Md5 extensions (as long as they are suitable for installation on a Samsung phone). But one thing you may not know about this amazing tool is that it can also install modified system versions and custom files such as TWRP recovery from different developers on Samsung devices, and its function is not limited to dealing with official ROMs only.
So, we are here today to guide you on how to download TWRP recovery and the steps to install it on your Samsung phone via Odin so that you can later install various custom ROMs on your phone if you want to enter this wonderful world.
There are some prerequisites first!
- Before any steps, I strongly advise you to backup your phone content using Smart Switch tool.
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 60%.
- Download and install USB drivers for your Samsung device.
- Enable OEM Unlock and Debugging options in Developer options.
- Download the appropriate Odin version for your phone.
- Download the correct version of TWRP recovery for your phone.
- Download CROM Service 1.0.7 (for Snapdragon devices).
Installing TWRP on Samsung device steps
- Make sure to download all necessary files.
- Make sure to install the CROM Service app if your phone has a Snapdragon chip.
- Download the latest version of Odin and extract its contents, as well as the TWRP.tar recovery file and do not unzip it .
- Run Odin3.exe tool.
- Turn off your phone completely, then restart it in Download mode:
- Volume Down + Bixby + Power buttons.
- Or the volume up + volume down + power buttons.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once Odin recognizes your phone, the COM field will change to blue.
- From here, press the AP button in Odin and select the .tar recovery file.
- Uncheck the Auto Reboot option.
- Make sure that the F. Reset option is checked.
- Now press the Start button to start flashing the recovery.
- Once the recovery process is finished, you will see the word ‘PASS!’ appears If the installation is successful.
If you are installing the upgraded recovery until you root, then do not reboot the phone now to the system because Samsung here will put the official recovery again, instead download the Magisk app and start directly the steps to root.