Install Samsung Galaxy M21 One UI 2.5-Based Android 10 Firmware Update [Guide]
A while ago, Samsung started sending One UI 2.5 update to its smart devices, and it has already launched it for the Galaxy S9 in addition to some other phones. And now, the Korean company has started sending the same update to the Galaxy M21, which is considered a middle-class device, which means that we will soon see the same version on all phones of this category, because it is the first mobile from the M series to receive the latest UI update. One UI 2.5 for the Galaxy M21 came with many new features, in addition to the last security patch for October 2020, and today you can download the official update and install it yourself on the phone by the steps shown below.
Samsung M21: One UI 2.5 update
The new One UI 2.5 update for Samsung M21 came with the version number M215FXXU2ATJ5, and it came with a size of approximately 650MB “OTA”. The update started to reach users from the first hours of today in India, and some other users have indicated that they have received it, and it is likely that they will reach all users around the world in the next few days.
If you are wondering about the new features, the Galaxy M21, after the arrival of the latest One UI 2.5 update, received support for the split keyboard feature, landscape mode, some new sharing features in messages, a lot of improvements in default Samsung camera app And some other new features as well as system improvements are under the hood.
While the new update is still based Android 10 OS , it came with many new features, the most important of which is the Wireless DeX feature and also an update to the status of Pro Video for professional adjustments, support for Samsung’s Bitmoji stickers inside the AOD, the addition of a separate keyboard feature while using the phone in landscape mode , in addition to Several system improvements, but a few on the surface.
Download Galaxy M21 One UI 2.5 update
As we are accustomed with OS updates for most Android devices, the new update notification usually takes a long time to reach all countries, and the period may reach weeks at times. However, you do not have to wait that long, as the new update link has already become available for download. So, all you have to do here is download the ROM from the attached links below, then follow the installation steps mentioned after that. However, first make sure that the phone has not received a new update by going to Settings> About phone> System updates.
To get the correct ROM file, you can use some trusted websites that contain constantly updated official Samsung ROMs such as SamMobile or SamFrew, which we will attach the download links from some of them below.
One UI 2.5 update for Galaxy M21
|user interface||One UI 2.5|
|Security patching||October 1, 2020|
|System version||Android 10|
|Release Date||Tuesday 20 October 2020|
You can now download the update file from the bottom and install it manually on the phone by following some simple instructions, without worrying that this will affect the warranty of the phone or anything wrong happens because it is completely official from Samsung.
Next, there are some tools that you will need during the trip to install stock firmware, and here is a list of them:
- Download official firmware file for your phone with .Tar extension.
- Download latest version of Odin v3.13.3 (Google Drive Link).
- Download the latest USB driver for Samsung devices | AndroidFileHost Link
- Enable Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock options in Developer Options:
Steps to install Stock Firmware on Samsung device
- Turn off the phone completely.
- Now restart into Download Mode or Odin Mode.
- Long press Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- Once the Samsung logo appears, you will see a warning message on the screen.
- Now release all buttons, then press Volume Up.
- You are now in Download Mode.
- Download the Odin Tool from above, then extract the contents of the zip file to your computer.
- Now double click on odin.exe file to start Odin startup.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 9 to the computer with using USB cable. Now you should notice the Added!! Inside the Odin Tool.
- Now assuming you have downloaded the appropriate official firmware for your phone with the TAR extension, extract its contents to your computer which will often be with the extension tar.md5.
- At this point, you will need to add each file of them in their correct place within the Odin. In the event that it is a single file, then you will need to add it in only one place which is the [AP] field. Otherwise, add each file in its own field and you will get to know each of them through the first two letters in the file name. For example:
- Click on the BL button in Odin, then go to the location of official firmware files and choose the file that begins with the letters “_BL” in its name. And then in the same way, press the AP button and then choose the file that begins with the letters “_AP” to add it.
- Only select the HOME_CSC file if you want to create a full format, So instead choose a CSC file.
- Now under Options section options (left part of Odin tool), make sure that only the enabled options are Auto Reboot and also F. Reset Time.
- Finally, press the Start button to begin installing the official update.
- Once installed, you will notice the phrase “PASS!” Or RESET! Written above, your phone will automatically restart itself.
And here we done! This was the full explanation of how to update the Galaxy M21 to the latest Android 10 OS with all-new Samsung UI 2.5. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments.