Install Samsung Galaxy J4 One UI 2.1-Based Android 10 Firmware Update [Guide]
Android 10 update with One UI 2.1 for Samsung Galaxy J4. Samsung is currently working on the upcoming One UI 2.5 version of its custom interface and intends to launch it for its supportive phones in the next few days. Despite this, there are still some phones from the Korean company who did not even receive the Android 10 update with One UI 2.0, and one of these phones is the Galaxy J4. Launched last May 2018 with Android Oreo out of the box, the Samsung J4 is now more than two years old, but it was a very impressive phone at that time.
Samsung Galaxy J4 came with the Exynos 7570 chip from Samsung, 2GB RAM or 3GB, and it also came with the Android 8.0 OS out of box as we mentioned, and from that time it has received Android 9.0 update only and so far it has not received any other system updates.
Samsung Galaxy J4 (Android 10 update)
Last July 2020, we saw some reports that indicated that Samsung intends to update the Galaxy J4 to Android 10 during current August 2020. The company has kept its promise, and while the Galaxy J4 SM-J400F version number, they have already received the Android 10 update along with One UI 2.0 with a stable official release.
The new update was initially launched in Saudi Arabia, and it came with the latest security patch so far. Of course, you will also get an all-new One UI 2.0 from Samsung, which is considered a radical update to the One UI 1.0 version in which the phone was running Previously.
Android 10 update for Samsung J4 is currently intended for SM-J400F versions and it also came with version number J400FXXU6CTGO. As for the size of the OTA update file for the new system, it is approximately 1.2GB. This update, which began to arrive to users since yesterday, has brought a lot of new features for the latest One UI release from Samsung, along with the other usual features of Android 10.
One UI 2.1 update for the Galaxy J4
|UI||One UI 2.1|
|Security patching||July 1, 2020|
|Release Date||Thursday 30 July 2020|
Download Android 10 firmware for Galaxy J4
One UI 2.1 update alongside Android 10 for Galaxy J4 devices is available for official download from below. Note that these links are specific to the countries mentioned above, but you can of course use them without any worries, since official Samsung ROMs come without fundamental differences.
Next, there are some tools that you will need during the trip to install stock firmware, and here is a list of them:
- Download official firmware file for your phone with .Tar extension.
- Download latest version of Odin v3.13.3 (Google Drive Link).
- Download the latest USB driver for Samsung devices | AndroidFileHost Link
- Enable Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock options in Developer Options:
Steps to install Stock Firmware on Samsung device
- Turn off the phone completely.
- Now restart into Download Mode or Odin Mode.
- Long press Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- Once the Samsung logo appears, you will see a warning message on the screen.
- Now release all buttons, then press Volume Up.
- You are now in Download Mode.
- Download the Odin Tool from above, then extract the contents of the zip file to your computer.
- Now double click on odin.exe file to start Odin startup.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 9 to the computer with using USB cable. Now you should notice the Added!! Inside the Odin Tool.
- Now assuming you have downloaded the appropriate official firmware for your phone with the TAR extension, extract its contents to your computer which will often be with the extension tar.md5.
- At this point, you will need to add each file of them in their correct place within the Odin. In the event that it is a single file, then you will need to add it in only one place which is the [AP] field. Otherwise, add each file in its own field and you will get to know each of them through the first two letters in the file name. For example:
- Click on the BL button in Odin, then go to the location of official firmware files and choose the file that begins with the letters “_BL” in its name. And then in the same way, press the AP button and then choose the file that begins with the letters “_AP” to add it.
- Only select the HOME_CSC file if you want to create a full format, So instead choose a CSC file.
Now under Options section options (left part of Odin tool), make sure that only the enabled options are Auto Reboot and also F. Reset Time.
- Finally, press the Start button to begin installing the official update.
- Once installed, you will notice the phrase “PASS!” Or RESET! Written above, your phone will automatically restart itself.
And here we done! This was the full explanation of how to update the Galaxy J4 to the latest Android 10 OS with all-new Samsung UI 2.1. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments.