Users of the Pocophone F1 (also known as the Poco F1) had to wait for a long time before the company launched its stable MIUI 12 update, although most of the company’s other phones, whether from the Mi series or Redmi, have already obtained the latest official update. As I write these words, this wait is finally over! At least for those who signed up for Mi Pilot program for beta versions before, since the MIUI 12 update for the Poco F1 has been launched starting today.
Poco F1 (MIUI 12 update)
Most of Poco F1 users had expected that Android 10 update for the phone will be next to MIUI 12, but this is not what happened, and instead the latest system update was still with MIUI 11. Even Redmi Note 8 Pro, which joined the Mi Pilot program at the same time with the Poco, its users got the latest interface update more than a month ago.
Then, later, at the end of July, some official reports appeared on the official Telegram group for Poco devices that indicated that Xiaomi had postponed the launch of the official Pocophone F1 update for two weeks, for reasons that are not understood! Then after that its users were waiting for the launch of the latest update, and again Xiaomi also postponed, but this time due to some bugs and instability, they said.
Well now I am glad to inform you that the wait is finally over and there is no delay any more. Instead, Pocophone F1, while we talk, its users are getting the MIUI 12 update. There are many reports from some users indicating that the update has come to the phone starting today with MIUI version number 220.127.116.11.QEJMIXM. However, as mentioned above, the update has only reached those who have signed up for Mi Pilot for MIUI betas.
Download MIUI 12 update for Poco F1
Of course, we have a link to download the official update for the phone beside that we will already explain the detailed installation steps below. But despite that, the update, as we mentioned, is only directed to people who have joined the MIUI program for beta versions, so it may not be a good idea if you implement the following steps while you are not part of the beta program, as happened with the Redmi Note 8 Pro phone, where the company warned of Not to “install betas as long as you are not part of the Mi Pilot program.” But in any case, the final decision is yours.
|Device||Poco F1 – beryllium|
|UI version||V18.104.22.168 QEJMIXM|
|Security Patch||July 1, 2020|
|Release Date||Tuesday 11 August 2020|
You can download the update from the following link:
- The attached system download links below are only available for Poco F1 devices. So, never try to install it on other devices.
- Follow the steps carefully, otherwise you will end up with a phone not working at all, we are not responsible for any damages.
- Although it is an official update, it might just wipe the phone. So, back up your files.
- You must ensure that the battery percentage is at least 50 or 60% to avoid accidental shutdown during installation.
Install MIUI 12 update (from within settings)
You can go to the explanation of installing stock ROM on Xiaomi device there you will find detailed steps accurately on several different ways to install the new update, or you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the update file from the link provided above, then transfer the official update file to the internal phone memory as mentioned above.
- Head over to the Settings app > About phone > System updates. Now by pressing the three points above list select the phrase “choose the update package“.
- In case you did not see this option, simply click on the MIUI logo for 10 consecutive clicks, then after that the option will appear.
- Or, you can just skip the last step by launching the Updater app which you will find within the system applications on your phone.
- From here, go to the update file that you moved to the internal memory in the first step, then the system will directly (Decrypt) the update file and install it automatically.