I think you will agree with me if you mention that Samsung is among the best smartphone manufacturers ever when we talk about the official system updates process for its devices. The Korean company was very active in sending the Android 11 update to its devices, today it only updated the Galaxy Note 10 Lite to the latest system, and before it at the beginning of this month the last system had arrived for the Galaxy S10 phones and also the Galaxy Note 10.
Today, users of the Galaxy M21 can also enjoy the One UI 3.0 update along with Android 11 OS. In the event that you are a beginner and do not know how to do so, do not worry because this is our role, and we will guide you through several detailed steps listed below.
Galaxy M21: Android 11 Update
One UI 3.0 is the latest to date from Samsung, which was first sent to the latest flagship Galaxy S20 phones from the company at the time in December 2020. During the current month of January only, the company sent the stable update to many other Galaxy phones such as the Galaxy M31, and even started the beta program for some different versions such as the Galaxy A51 5G.
Android 11 update for Galaxy M21, the SM-M215F version, came with the version number M215FXXU2BUAC, and it also came with size of 1.7GB for the OTA sub-update as the full Samsung ROMs are larger than the sub-updates and may reach 6GB some times. However, the new update for the phone also came with the latest security update for January 2021.
So, what’s new in this update?
In fact, we do not have the official change log yet, but we are nevertheless talking here about a major update to the operating system as well as the One UI version, so you will often notice several drastic changes to the phone such as the improved user interface, the performance that has become significantly better, as well as the addition of some All-new features such as adding some features to the Always-On Display options, to name a few.
Download Galaxy M21 One UI 3.0 update
Android 11 for Samsung M21 is being sent while we are talking to its users in India so far, but the process of sending the update to other regions will not take long, so personally I think that the official update will often arrive within days.
Although I strongly advise you to wait for the update to arrive in your area, there are some ways in which you can download the new update using tools such as SamFirm or Frija Tool – or through the download links provided below, and then you install it yourself on the phone using the detailed steps shown below.
One UI 3.0 update for Samsung M21
|UI||One UI 3.0|
|Security patche||January 1, 2021|
|Release Date||January 12, 2021|
You can now download the update file from the bottom and install it manually on the phone by following some simple instructions, without worrying that this may affect the phone’s warranty or anything wrong happens because it is completely official from Samsung. The update, as mentioned, is only suitable for the Galaxy M21, and you can download it from the following links.
- Charge the phone battery to at least 60%.
- Save a full backup of all storage contents (optional step).
- Download and install a Samsung USB driver (direct link).
- Download the latest version of Odin (direct link).
One UI 3.0 firmware installation steps
- First, download the official ROM from the top.
- Extract the ROM contents on the computer.
- Download the appropriate USB driver for your Galaxy M21 from the top, then install it on your computer.
- Download Samsung Odin from the links provided above (latest version).
- Turn off the phone completely.
- While the phone is locked, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously
- Let go of all buttons as soon as you see a warning on the screen – then press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode
- Run Odin (as administrator).
- Now connect the phone to the computer in Download Mode using the USB cable.
- If you have installed the correct drivers, this step is supposed to recognize Odin by changing the ID: COM field to blue, next to the word Added !!
- Now in Odin Options tab, make sure that the options are ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ and that there are no other options activated.
- Now, going back to the contents of the stock ROM, put each of them in its field as shown in the following image.
- Now in Odin, hit the BL button and go to the official update folder and select the ‘BL_M215F’ file . This is the bootloader file and stands for BL = BootLoader. In the same way, also press AP, CP and finally HOME-CSC, each of them in the appropriate field. After you’re done, the Odin should look like this:
- Now, all you have to do here is press the Start button to start flashing the new system.
- Once installed, you will notice PASS! Or RESET! Written above, and your phone will restart itself automatically.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable. The first boot of the phone can take up to 15/20 minutes, so don’t worry, this is supposed to happen since it is a new OS. You should be patient at this point and not be afraid of anything wrong.
And when your Galaxy M21 boots again, change the new settings for the phone as you like, then enjoy the Android 11 OS on your phone.
Did you downloaded and installed Android 11 with One UI 3.0 on Samsung Galaxy M21? Did you encounter any obstacles or difficulties while installing the update on the phone? Just let us know what you think with the explanation or if you encounter any problems during the steps and we will be happy to answer you.