The Chinese company Huawei officially announced the “eleventh” version of its custom UI called EMUI 11, which came alongside the Android 11 OS, at Huawei developer conference HDC 2020 last month. The new interface release comes as a fundamental improvement compared to the previous EMUI 10, which includes many new features and system performance improvements. According to the Chinese company’s statement, EMUI 11 update came to focus on three basic things: improving the user interface, privacy and security features, and finally what it called Seamless AI Life.
Currently, EMUI 11 update for Huawei devices is still in its beta stage for most of its support phones, and soon its stable version will be launched. In today’s lesson, we will walk you through detailed steps on how to download EMUI 11 update for a your device “in the event that it supports it” – and then install it on your phone using several different methods. So, go ahead carefully.
Huawei Android 11.0 Firmware Update
As we are always used to, EMUI 11 update for Huawei , Honor, which came along with the Android 11, will be launched over the air (OTA). The former means we will start seeing the new system as soon as the company officially launches it for users. But despite this, there are those times that despite the company’s sending of the new OS, users does not reach, or there is no notification of a new update.
So, here our role appears, because if you are one of the users who for some reason could not obtain the new EMUI update, then there are some manual steps or solutions that you can follow to get the latest version of your phone’s operating system.
The steps that we will talk about below are supportive of most Huawei devices that support EMUI 11, and also include the following devices:
Huawei Mate series
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro
- Huawei Mate 30
- Huawei Mate 30 RS (Porsche Design)
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20X
- Huawei Mate 20 RS (Porsche Design)
- Huawei Mate X
- Huawei Mate XS
Huawei P series
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Plus
- Huawei P40 Lite
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei P30 Pro (New Edition)
- Huawei P30
Huawei Nova series
- Nova 7
- Nova 7i
- Nova 7 Pro
- Nova 7 SE
- Nova 6
- Nova 6 (5G)
- Nova 6 SE
- Nova 5T
- Nova 5
- Nova 5 Pro
- Nova 5Z
- Nova 5i
- Nova 5i Pro
Huawei Enjoy series
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro
- Huawei Enjoy 10e
- Huawei Enjoy 10S
- Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G
- MediaPad M6
- MatePad Pro
- MatePad Pro 4G
- MatePad Pro 5G
- MatePad 10.8
Honor Devices (Magic UI 4)
- Honor 30
- Honor 30 Pro
- Honor 30 Pro Plus
- Honor 30 (Youth Edition)
- Honor V30
- Honor V30 Pro
- Honor 30S
- Honor V20
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor 20S
- Honor 20e
- Honor 20i
- Honor 20 (Youth Edition)
- Honor X10
- Honor X10 Max
- Honor 9X
- Honor 9X Pro
- Honor Play 4
- Honor Play 4 Pro
- Honor Play 4T
- Honor Play 4T Pro
- Honor 9X
- Honor 9X Pro
- Honor ViewPad v6
EMUI 11 features
Huawei is still focusing on improving the user interface in the new EMUI 11 update, as it has added many new features as well as improving those that were present in previous versions and includes Always-On Display feature (for phones that contain an AMOLED screen), some new Huawei themes, smoother effects while moving between system functions and apps, new capabilities for gesture and swipe navigation as well as better control of vibrations while interacting with the system (Feedback). Of course, there are also many improvements in multitasking when using more than one window on the screen.
- The next steps are for updating EMUI 11 on all Huawei and Honor devices only.
- You must ensure that your phone is currently running EMUI 10, 10.1 – or at least the latest official system.
- You must make sure that the battery percentage is at least 60% to avoid any shutdown of the phone while performing the steps.
- Make sure to backup all contents of the storage before performing any steps.
- Make sure that there is free space on the memory (at least 6GB) to be able to download the official update.
- Download and install HiSuite on your computer (for the second method).
Download EMUI 11 for all Huawei devices
There are three different ways to be able to obtain new system updates for Huawei or Honor devices manually, or update Android 11 next to EMUI 11 in the case of today’s explanation, but it is nonetheless supportive of all other OS versions. Therefore, you can choose any of the following methods that are convenient for you.
First method: update via settings
This method is the easiest and simplest of all the EMUI 11 download methods that we are talking about today as it does not require any additional steps, and it is available in front of you inside the System Settings app. So, perform the following steps:
- Go to phone settings.
- Go to Software update> Check for updates.
- In the event that an EMUI 11 update for your phone is available, it will immediately appear in front of you with the new change log.
- Now simply click on DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL button.
- You will notice that EMUI 11 update has started downloading right away.
- Once installed, the phone will restart itself automatically, now enjoy the new OS.
Method 2: update via HiSuite Tool
Huawei Hisuite is a free tool programmed and developed by Huawei itself to help in such matters as well as to be able to manage all that releases your phone from the versions of Huawei, Honor, Mate or Nova, but by computer or laptop. You may also know it as Huawei PC Suite and it works like any other official smartphone management program like Smart Switch for Samsung phones.
HiSuite allows you to perform various tasks on your Huawei device, such as the ability to backup and restore, restore the operating system to factory condition, as well as install official system updates. So, by thes following steps, you can download and install EMUI 11 in the event that it was officially available for your phone now:
- Download HiSuite and install it on your computer.
- Connect your device to computer by USB cable (the original one that included in the phone box).
- Run HiSuite.
- Once the program recognizes your phone, you will see the version number of the phone appearing in front of you, which means the connection is successful.
- From here click on the word ‘Update‘ below.
- HiSuite will immediately start checking if there is a version of EMUI 11 available for your phone.
- And if it’s available, simply follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
- Once done, the phone will automatically restart, then you will find that your phone is running EMUI 11.
Method 3: Update via Support app
In this method, you can also confirm that there is a new official update available for your phone manually via the official Huawei Support app. To do this, follow these steps carefully:
- In case you do not have the app, then download it from here.
- Open the Support app on the phone.
- From here, log in with your Huawei ID account, or create one if you don’t have it.
- From the bottom select Services.
- Then in the Quick Services section you will need to click on Update button.
- Immediately, Support app will start searching for EMUI 11 update for your phone.
- In the event that the update is available, simply click on ‘DOWNLOAD AND INSTAL’ button.
- Your device will directly download and install the new update, then the phone will restart inside the new system.
Important note: These methods will only work in the event that there is already a new update available for your phone, but for some reason you did not receive a notification of this update or you were not able to install it.
Now we finished explaining how to install the EMUI 11 or Magic UI 4 update on Huawei and Honor phones, and upon completion you will have the phone with the latest official system from the company. Of course, there are some other methods, such as the one in which you use the Huawei Updater app – but here we only talked about the easy official methods that do not contain any complicated steps.
So, were the steps easy and the explanation helpful? Did you face any difficulties while implementing any of the above methods? Then use the comments section below to let us know about the issue you encountered, and together we’ll try to fix it.