Install Samsung Galaxy A72 Android 12 Firmware Update ‘One UI 4’ [Guide]
Samsung is making a noticeable effort in trying to update all its eligible smartphones to the Android 12 OS with One UI 4. The Korean company has already updated all its flagship phones for the past year and the year before, and yesterday it started trending for its mid-range eligible devices for the same update as well and has updated the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite. Today, the company has started updating its mid-range Galaxy A series phones, starting with the Samsung Galaxy A72. So, do you want to try while the official update even if it hasn’t arrived yet? Well, then follow what we’re going to say next.
Samsung Galaxy A72 (Android 12)
In fact, the Samsung A72 was supposed to get the Android 12 update in the first quarter of 2022 “in February”, but with that, the Korean company surprised us and in the early hours of this morning released the new firmware update for phone users with a stable version, which is considered The first major OS update for the A72.
One UI 4 update for Samsung A72 is currently arriving for users in Russia and Poland with the version number A725FOXM4BULA – it also came in a size of 6.51GB. Don’t be surprised by how big it is because here we are talking about a whole new version of the operating system as well as the user interface, so before starting any steps you must have a stable internet connection with a suitable speed to avoid any interruption while downloading the update.
The new update came with many new features that came with Android 12, as well as the One UI 4 interface, in addition to several bug fixes for previous versions, here you will get the December 2021 security patch, which is strange because the same update for the Galaxy Note 10 Lite came with the January 2022 security patch!
Download One UI 4 for Galaxy A72
As we are used to, the official Samsung updates for the operating system as well as One UI often do not reach all users at the same time, but these versions are released in batches, and for groups of countries divided at intervals. So currently your friend in another country may have got the new update while your phone is still running Android 11. So, I highly advise you to wait for the official update to arrive in your region.
But on the other hand, if you don’t want to wait, then go through the following steps to manually download and install the official update on your phone yourself.
|UI||One UI 4.0|
|Security Patch||December 2021|
The easiest and official way to be able to download the Android 12 update for Samsung A72 will be by performing the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install .
- Now the phone will communicate with Samsung servers to check for new updates.
- If there is a new update, it will immediately show the official change history with a download button.
- Simply click on the blue download button to start the download.
The other method will be using external tools, which in turn download the official ROM from Samsung servers with direct links. These tools include three options, which are as follows:
- Download Frija or Samsung Firmware from the links provided above (we will use Frija in the tutorial).
- From the phone settings look for its version number “It will be something like SM-A725F for Galaxy A72.
- You will also need to know your phone’s CSC code (the country or region code of the phone).
- After running the tool, put the phone version number “full with SM-A725F characters not without it”.
- Also put your phone’s CSC code in the CSC field inside the tool.
- Check the Auto box.
- Also check the decrypt automatically box.
- Click on the check updates button.
- Once the update information appears, click on the download button below.
Finally, after getting the update file, follow the steps to install official update on Samsung Device and you will have the latest operating system available for your phone.