Install Poco F1 MIUI 12 Custom ROM [Mi 8 China Beta Port, Download]
Xiaomi launched MIUI 12 beta release days ago for many Mi devices as well as Redmi users in China. Although the MIUI 12 update Poco F1 has been confirmed, it was not among the official list that Xiaomi has stated to receive the latest system update since the phone was not sold in China from the beginning, but it was only in other regions. Therefore, Poco F1 users since the recent MIUI update appeared were concerned about getting the new version because there are no official statements from Xiaomi about it yet.
Poco F1 [MIUI 12]
When Xiaomi launches the MIUI 12 update for global releases, it is therefore expected that Poco F1 will be officially supported by the company. But even then, you shouldn’t worry because we have confirmed news that Xiaomi will officially support Poco F1 in the upcoming MIUI update. But what if you don’t want to wait and want to try MIUI 12 now? Well, it seems that a MIUI 12 ROM for Pocophone F1 is already available for download and installation. Developer DeckardShaw from GitHub community has obtained the beta version for Mi 8 and modified it for users to install on the Poco F1 because they share most of the internal hardware, including the processor of course.
Yes, Poco F1 also has a Snapdragon 845 chip which is the same as that of the Xiaomi Mi 8 and it also shares the same kernel source, which made the MIUI 12 ROM customization process for the Chinese version of the Mi 8 simply work on the PocoF 1 After some adjustments are made.
Download MIUI 12 ROM for Poco F1
Below, you can download the necessary files to install the ROM on the phone, including: MIUI 12 ROM file itself, which comes alongside with Android 10.0. You should also know that you will first need to unlock the boot loader and also install TWRP on Poco F1 to be able to install the ROM (you will not need the steps to root in this explanation). So, download the ROM from the following links, then proceed to the explanation steps after that.
|user interface||MIUI 12.0|
|System version||Android 10.0|
|Rom type||Mi 8 China Beta Port|
|Rom size||2.25 GB|
Prerequisites for installing MIUI 12
- Keep a backup copy of your files in a safe place away from the phone.
- You should make sure that you have followed the steps to unlock the bootloader and install the TWRP recovery for the Poco F1.
- In the same steps to explain installing recovery: Install this copy .
- After installing the recovery, make a backup copy of the current system (NANDroid) , a general backup step.
- You will also need to download the MIUI 12 Google Installer APK file to install Google services after installing the ROM.
- Finally, download MIUI 12 ROM from above.
MIUI 12 Beta installed on Xiaomi / Redmi phone
- Connect a Redmi / Xiaomi phone to your desktop using a USB cable (preferably the original cable).
- Transfer the ROM file to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Disconnect the phone from the USB cable and then completely turn it off.
- Long press Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously for several seconds until the phone takes off inside the TWRP recovery mode.
- On the main TWRP recovery menu, head to the ‘Wipe’ option and then swipe the ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ button below to return the phone to factory setting.
- Once the format step is completed, return to the main recovery interface.
- Head over to the ‘Install’ option.
- Now browse the phone memory files up to the MIUI 12 China Developer ROM ZIP file that you transferred to the phone memory in the previous steps.
- Finally, swipe the Swipe button below to start flashing the MIUI 12 developer version on your phone.
After flashing the new system, you will notice that a ‘Reboot System’ button appears – press it to restart the phone inside the system. And when the phone takes off inside the system again, you will find that it is now running the all-new MIUI 12 system. So, now you can start the steps of setting up the new system on the phone for the first time as per your convenience.