In early 2021, Google officially announced at Google I/O ’21 the Android 12 operating system for its Pixel series smartphones. And now, most other phone manufacturers have already started sending Android 12 update to their eligible devices with their own custom interfaces such as Samsung with One UI 4 or Oppo with ColorOS 12 and also OnePlus with OxygenOS 12 – the Chinese company has finally launched the Android 12 update for its latest flagship phones OnePlus 9, and OnePlus 9 Pro. And if you happen to not receive the official update yet, then you can download it from the direct link below and also learn how to install it manually on your phone yourself.
OnePlus 9 (Pro): Android 12
Today, the Chinese giant OnePlus has launched the “first-ever” stable version of OxygenOS 12 for any of its phones, after a very long period of experiments, knowing that the versions of the same Chinese phone are currently running the ColorOS 12, which was built on the same operating system and that After its merger with Oppo, which is not surprising given that both of them belong to the BBK group.
Anyway, the Android 12 update for the OnePlus 9 phone and also the Pro version came with all the usual features of the new operating system with the all-new Oxygen 12 interface also, especially the feature of the ability to customize the themes and colors of the system based on the background you are using now. Some other features also include improved privacy and security options and settings, the new Material You design language by Google, as well as the stock OnePlus apps with their latest updates.
Download OxygenOS 12 update ZIPs
Here you can get the official ROM with Android 12 for OnePlus 9 & OnePlus 9 Pro (Stable Global Version). The links available below are for the full stock ROM and not just the OTA update, meaning that you will not first need to be on a specific version of the system before upgrading to the latest version.
The following links are official directly from the company’s servers, so download the appropriate version for your phone and then you can install the official ROM by following the Local Upgrade method or by the steps mentioned below.
|Device||OnePlus 9, 9 Pro|
|OS version||Android 12|
|Security patch||December 2021|
|Country||Global, European, Indian|
Download the official update files from the following links:
OnePlus 9 Pro:
- The explanation steps below are for OnePlus 9 & 9 Pro mentioned above only.
- You must have at least 5GB of free space in your phone storage.
- OnePlus 9, 9 Pro devices with (TMO/VZW) editions are not supported to install these versions.
- Installing the system will remove all the contents of the phone , so remember to make a backup copy first.
- Download the official OxygenOS 12 ROM for your phone.
- Charge the phone battery to at least 60%.
- Make a full backup of the contents of the internal phone memory, in case of any wrong steps.
Installing an official update on OnePlus device
There are two ways you can use them to install the official update on a phone from OnePlus in general, which is not limited to the current OS only. The first method will be through the settings of the phone itself, which is the Local Upgrade option. As for the alternative method, in case you have a custom TWRP recovery, you can also use it to get the new OS.
Install the official software update through Local Upgrade
- Download the stable update from the links attached above, then transfer it to the internal phone memory.
- Via the phone settings app, head to the System Updates section. From here, head to the gear icon that you will find in the upper corner to the right or left, depending on the language of the phone used. Look at the following pictures:
- Now choose Local Upgrade and then choose the Oxygen OS update file on the phone.
- Now select Upgrade Now and wait for the update to complete to 100%.
- After the update is finished, restart the phone.
Install the official OS using TWRP
- Download the ROM from the links attached above, then transfer it to the internal phone memory.
- Turn off the phone completely, then reboot it into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- In the main recovery menu, go to the ‘Install‘ button, then choose the ROM file.
- Now, drag the Swipe button below to start the installation of Android S on OnePlus 9 & 9 Pro
- Once the flashing is finished, click on the Reboot System button.
When your phone boots into the system again, it should now be running OxygenOS 12 with Android 12.