If you do not know, the Chinese giant OnePlus has some time ago started sending out the Android 12 update with the OxygenOS 12 for its eligible smart devices. The new update came with a huge amount of new features and options as well as a completely new design for the user interface. If you want to check “manually” whether a new update is available for your phone or not, you will need to go to Settings > System > System updates. If there is a new update, all you need is just click on the button Download and everything will be automatically without your intervention.
But if you are from the other team and like to control everything, then today’s explanation is directed at you!
Which OnePlus devices are eligible to Android 12?
According to OnePlus, after the OnePlus 9, 9 Pro phone was upgraded to Android 12 – the following phones are also supposed to get the OxygenOS 12 update in the coming period:
- OnePlus 9R 5G
- OnePlus 8T
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 7T Pro
- OnePlus 7T
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G
- OnePlus Nord
- OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Download OxygenOS 12 for your OnePlus device
If it happened that you followed the steps mentioned in the first paragraph of this page to manually search whether there is a new update available for your phone or not and did not find anything, then you can download the Android 12 beta update for your phone directly from OnePlus servers and install it manually by following some of the steps that you will find at the bottom of this page also.
The attached links below are official links directly from OnePlus servers and come in the form of zip files and you can install them easily by Local Upgrade method via the phone’s own settings without any external tools. And in case you run into any bugs, or if you happen to change your mind and want to go back to stable Android 11 again, you’ll also have the rollback package officially available for all the phones below.
- OnePlus 9 “BETA 2”:
- OnePlus 9 Pro “BETA 2”:
- OnePlus 9R
- OnePlus 8T “Closed BETA”
- OnePlus 8 “Closed BETA”
- OnePlus 8 Pro “Closed BETA”
- OnePlus 7T / 7T Pro
- OnePlus 7/7 Pro
Do you want to go back to the stable Android 11 after installing the trial version? Then download the appropriate ROM for your phone from the following links:
- The explanation steps below are for the OnePlus devices mentioned above only.
- You must have at least 5GB of free space in your phone storage.
- OnePlus devices with versions (TMO/VZW) are not supported to install these betas.
- Installing the beta update will remove all the contents of your storage, so remember to make a backup.
- Download the official OxygenOS 12 ROM for your phone.
- Charge the phone battery to at least 60%.
- Make a full backup of the contents of the internal phone memory, in case of any wrong steps.
Install the stock OnePlus OS update through Local Upgrade
- Download the beta update from the links attached above, then transfer it to the internal phone memory.
- Via the phone settings app, head to the System Updates section. From here, head to the gear icon that you will find in the upper corner to the right or left, depending on the language of the phone used. Look at the following pictures:
- Now choose Local Upgrade and then choose the Oxygen OS update file on the phone.
- Now select Upgrade Now and wait for the update to complete to 100%.
- After the update is completed, restart the phone.
When your phone boots into the system again, it should now be running OxygenOS 12 with Android 12.