Unlocking Android phones locked with a password, especially the new versions, which are strongly and completely secured compared to phones from a few years ago. Google has updated the operating system to come with built-in encryption technologies, and there are lots of ways to secure your Android phone. You can use a difficult Pin, or even a complex pattern drawing that I see best, the fingerprint sensor or even the IRIS technology in Samsung phones for the iris sensor.
But of course, the human element or we are using these sufficiently secured phones are not as smart as those phones we use because we easily forget things. While most smartphones of 2019 and 2020 and even some 2015 phones include fingerprint or iris sensor technologies as a necessary privacy option, there are millions of Android phones that rely entirely on Pin, pattern drawing as the only option for security! Even if, you are dealing with your Android phone through the fingerprint sensor, intruders may lock your phone, because the Android system allows a limited number of times to enter the password before the phone hangs completely automatically due to the large number of wrong Pins.
So, what will you do in the event that your phone is locked and you cannot open it because of what we mentioned earlier?! Well, there are some ways that you can unlock an Android device in case you forget the password or pattern easily, but most of them will need you to return the phone to factory settings or make a complete format for all your data from pictures, music and videos will be completely deleted.
Therefore, our lesson today includes more than one easy and simple method that enables you to unlock an Android phone in case you forget the password and bypass the pattern without losing any thing and preserving all your data.
Unlock Android’s password (without format)
In general, the following lesson or explanation may be complicated for some novice Android users, so if you do not understand some of the things in the lesson, use an expert Android user or at least have some experience with these topics. You can also ask me in comments and I will be happy to answer you in detail in any part of the following explanation.
Bypass passcode using Device Manager
Google has an excellent service called Android Device Manager, which comes preinstalled on every Android device. This service is integrated with Google Play services in general, and it can be used and controlled remotely to completely control an Android device from anywhere in the world as long as the service is activated on the phone and connected to the Internet.
Apart from that you can locate your phone specifically on the map, play the phone’s tone remotely, make a factory reset or a complete format in case it is stolen, for example, Android Device Manager can also unlock the phone if you forget the password or pattern easily. So, here is an explanation of bypassing the password of an Android phone using Android Device Manager.
- Open a web browser on your PC or phone and enter this link: Find your Phone.
- Log into your Google account that you use on the phone.
- Once signed in, you will see a list of smart devices that you have previously used with this Google account. Choose the phone whose password you want to bypass.
- Now, it will open up a new page with a few selections. Select ‘Lock your phone’.
- Now you can create a new password to replace the old password for your phone, bypassing the pattern or the Pin.
- Once you have typed the new password, choose to lock the phone, and after a few minutes, the phone will change its password to this password.
- You can now easily unlock your Android phone without losing data or formatting. If this method does not work properly, you can always choose “erase data” or wipe the data to unlock the phone remotely, but unfortunately all your data will be lost and it will perform a factory reset.
Unlock Android Password by Stock Recovery
- This method will only work if your phone supports external “memory cards”. First, download the Aroma File Manager app from the link below:
- Now copy the Aroma application to any external memory you own and then insert it to your locked Android phone with the password number.
- Now turn off your phone, then reboot it into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons for a few seconds.
- Once in the recovery, through the volume control buttons go to select ‘Install Zip from SD card’ by pressing the Power button.
- Now choose Aroma File Manager file that you downloaded before.
- After the installation has finished, the Aroma File Manager app will now open in recovery mode.
- Now in the app settings choose ‘Automount all devices on start’.
- Now go back to the app’s main screen and go to Data Folder-> System Folder and search for a file called password.key or gesture.key or any file with Kay & Key extension.
- Once you find any of these files, tap and hold the file and then choose to delete it.
- Now go back to the recovery mode and restart the phone. Now you can create a new password or even change the pattern drawing because you have just deleted all the files that belong to the old password. Your phone will be unlocked again without any password required, as usual.
Factory Reset (full data wipe)
This method is usually not very popular with users, but you can try it if the methods above do not work properly. Remember, this method will cause you to lose all your phone’s data. So, carry out the following instructions:
- Turn off your phone completely, then press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds until your phone boots into recovery mode.
- Once in stock recovery mode, through the volume control buttons, choose Wipe data/factory reset by using Power button.
Once the process is complete, restart your phone and your phone will not ask for a password or a pattern.
Bypass pattern lock using ADB
- This method is somewhat complicated, so do it with your full concentration on all the steps. Remember that this method will only work if you activated the developer options on your phone, turn on the USB debugging mode on your Android phone, and give ADB permissions to your PC before. I guess it is based on luck a bit.
- If the necessary requirements are available at the first point, then continue the steps. Connect your locked phone with a password to the PC using a USB cable.
- Now go to the ADB install folder path on your computer and open the CMD command window. You can open the command window by pressing and holding the Shift button, then right-clicking inside the ADB file and selecting open command window here.
- Now enter Fastboot mode using this command:
adb reboot bootloader
Now type the following command:
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
- Now restart your phone, and you will find that the PIN or pattern has been deleted.
Enter Safe Mode
Sometimes if you are using an external app for the lock screen or to set a password or even an anti-virus app and your phone is locked by mistake, you can delete all of these applications through or turn them off through Safe Mode. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Enter Safe Mode by pressing and holding the Power button and from the menu select Restart in Safe Mode, then press OK.
- Now your phone will enter Safe Mode, and all password or anti-virus apps or any other apps not from the system will be suspended temporarily.
- Go to Settings, Apps, then find the app that caused the problem and uninstall it.
- Now restart your phone again and the lock screen will return to normal.
And here the lesson has ended, now using the methods above, you can easily unlock a locked Android phone with a password without formatting, factory resetting, or losing any data. If you have any questions or additional methods, we hope that you will share with us the comments and we will be more than happy to answer you.